CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Apparently I made this blog five hundred years ago, but never posted anything in here.  I've always used livejournal, even greatestjournal for awhile, but I stopped posting in those blogs and they got too old and nostalgic for me.  I want to start new and fresh here.  I'm also trying to write in a journal in addition to this electronic one.  I hope I do write frequently; I have a lot of emotions and need to express them in healthy ways.  Bottling up my emotions inside of myself only leads to negativity.  I can see that and so can the people around me.  


Anyway, I'm going to briefly introduce myself.  I don't know why I feel the need to because this is mainly for me.  However, it is online so I guess if others read it they might be interested in who I am.  My name's Rebecca and I'm going to be a sophomore in college.  I go to Massachusetts College of Art in Boston and am majoring in animation (I can't wait to make cartoons!).  I love it there.  I'm going to live in an apartment there with three of my friends next year.  I'm currently home for the summer in New York.  I'm working two jobs, but I still like to have free time.  I need to be able to relax, make art work and hang out with my friends.  I love my family and friends, like any other human being.  A lot of my crazy emotional rants will most likely derive from my interactions with them.  

As of right now, I'm waiting to go out and do something.  I was supposed to work tomorrow, but my bosses don't need me.  That's too bad...it's good money.  I work at a local, adorable tea shop in addition to being a page to my local library system.  I feel more productive these days.

Today, my mother, grandma and friends went to my church's Strawberry Festival.  After enjoying a delicious strawberry shortcake, I found myself hauling pieces of a couch into everyone's car.  Apparently my mother thought the $100 couch they were selling was a good deal.  So after a huge scene, we finally got all the couch pieces home.  It's a nice couch, especially seeing as how my other couch was falling apart.  My dad really liked my old couch though...so he might be angry...we'll see.  

That's probably not interesting to anyone.  

Well the things I want to do this summer are fairly interesting:
-I want to see the play Waiting for Godot in New York City
-I'm going to see Jason Mraz in concert
-I want to go to the Bronx zoo
-I want to go to Hershey Park (I've never been...and chocolate is my favorite indulgence, so this fact troubles me)
-I want to go to Paul McCartney's concert at the new Mets' stadium
-I want to go to a baseball game again 

I want to do a lot of shit.   I'll keep posting new things.

I guess that's all for now...oh I want to get better at writing.  I don't write that much at art school and I need to brush up on my skills.  I've always been a fairly decent writer.  I don't want my talents to wane, I'd rather them wax...was that moon reference stupid?  Oh well.  I don't care either way.  

1 comments:

Jon said...

I know what you mean with respect to keeping up the 'habit of writing'. I have been struggling so hard with trying to keep my writing momentum going with little success, even though I have so many on-line places which are specifically for that purpose. Writing is magical, as is exploring one's inner nature. I wish you the very best in both endeavours.

~jon