CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 10, 2010

And some people dance

First of all, anyone reading this...go to Google right now! That is an order! Well not really, but it's beautiful. The whole page is covered in a photograph of colorful orbs floating in a pond. Ah, Google, you get me every time with your random, adorable images.

I feel oddly in the mood to write and so I shall.
On to what I wanted to say....

I'm ridiculously obsessed with quotes. I find them so inspirational. Lucky for me, I don't feel unoriginal because many people enjoy quotes. I definitely figured out why I do. They're relatable...I mean c'mon that wasn't too hard to grasp. Often times I find myself lost just trying to figure out a way to describe a feeling or some concluded piece of knowledge I managed to discover...and yet so many wise people have already done that for me! Now I'm able to just enjoy the quotes that I can relate to and try to listen to the advice given to me.

I seriously cannot stop quoting The Curious Case of Benjamin Button movie. I tried reading the short story, but didn't finish it. I can't make any judgments about the original story, but I love the movie so much (especially Brad Pitt's role).

I keep posting a million quotes from that movie on various sites, so here's a new one:
"There was a silence in the house. It was a wonderful place to grow up. I was with people who had shed all the inconsequences of earlier life. Left wondering about the weather, the temperature of a bath, the light at the end of the day."

It's so simple and yet I think it's such a beautiful quote. I think often times, we all get caught up in stress and inimportant things weighing down on us...we forget about the simple pleasures of life. For instance, in the movie, in the nursing home, the house was silent and Benjamin enjoyed listening to all the little nuances of sound surrounding him. Also, I think it's interesting that weather is mentioned. I realized a few older people I know are always concerned about the weather...I feel like that makes sense. The weather is a non-controversial topic, one that we can all relate to and understand. I think people as they age, may be more interested in the weather because it's something that won't bring up too much hardship. Sure, it can rain for days, or snow, or just generally be depressing weather, but one day there is bound to be sunshine.

Anyway, I don't know if any of this is making sense, but I just felt the need to write about this.


And the last lines of the movie are gorgeous in my opinion. They're not anything fancy or garish, but they give me goosebumps every time.

Maybe I'm too damn sentimental, but I like being this way.




0 comments: